Weight Training Area/Cardio Fitness Room
Titan Recreation promotes the belief that fitness should be for all - no matter your size, shape, fitness level or physical ability. The SRC Cardio/Weight rooms are designed to inspire by creating the most engaging, user-friendly environment possible through equipment selection, mix and layout. The cardio/weight rooms welcome the beginner through avid exercisers and will quickly become a trusted part of their daily routine by offering unique workouts that continually challenge and reward each participant.The Student Recreation Center offers one of the largest cardio/weight rooms on a west coast campus. This two-level space supports:
- 60 cardio machines - providing the energy, sweat and movement that create a high energy/high performance atmosphere.
- 80 strength machines - featuring biomechanically advanced designs and superior function to deliver a high level of user-focused performance.
- 12 dual functional training motion machines - simple to operate, providing a diverse range of training options and offering multiple exercises for a complete total body workout.
22,000 square feet of gymnasium space offers three full indoor courts exclusively for recreational and student use. The SRC includes space for either 3 basketball, 3 volleyball or 9 badminton courts with drop curtain dividers and 3 scoreboards.
Indoor Jogging Track
The 7,000 square feet jogging track is elevated above other program elements such as the gymnasium. The track is 1/9th of a mile, featuring 3 running lanes, directional arrows and pace clocks.
Multipurpose Activity Rooms
Three multipurpose activity rooms provide 7,600 square feet of activity space for non-credit group exercise classes, yoga, dance, stretching, martial arts, etc.
2,000 square feet of space is specially designed for cardio fitness training within a multi-media environment. This multi-media cardio room is a signature design/program element of the center and is the first of its kind on a west coast campus. There are 33 pieces of cardio equipment in this room.
Two courts are dedicated for activities including racquetball, handball, wallyball, and table tennis. Racquetball courts can be reserved 24hrs. In advance for one-hour time allotments. All bookings must be made by the member intending to use the facility. Equipment can be rented free of charge. Members using the racquetball courts must wear eye guards.
Sports Climbing Wall
An indoor climbing wall that is suitable for all climber skill levels is a showcase element and is located in a highly visible space within the facility. The 1,100 square foot wall is utilized for bouldering, top rope, and lead climbing. The wall in the Student Recreation Center is 35' high and 27' wide. It accommodates 9 top rope stations.
A space specifically designed for spinning bike classes.
Floor Exercise/Stretching Area
A designated area intended for pre/post workout stretching and floor activities.
Outdoor Leisure and Lap Swimming Pool
The outdoor swimming pool has designated lap swimming lanes, as well as a recreational swimming area. A deck with lounge chairs alongside the pool offers campus guests a relaxing and enjoyable setting.
- Administrative Office Area
- Men's and Women's Lockers/Shower Rooms
- Locker rentals are available for $25 a semester (Fall, Intersession, Spring, Summer)
Student Recreation Center
- Drop-In Fitness
- Facility Reservations
- Hours of Operation
- iBelong to the SRC
- iCare Fun Run
- Instructional Classes
- Intramural Sports
- Irvine Campus Fitness Center
- Learn to Swim
- Operating Policies
- Personal Training
- Refund Policy
- Rock Wall
- Special Events
- Support the Student Recreation Center
- Sustainable Design
- Titan Fitness Challenge
- Titan Student Centers Gov. Board
- Titan Youth Summer Programs
- Check out the ASI Fall Calendar of Events!
- Wondering what is going on at the CSUF Irvine Campus?
Click here^ to find out!
- Looking for a Job? Work for ASI!
Check out all of the great opportunities to earn money while working conveniently on campus.
- All Night Study Giveaway!
Dec 9: 10pm @ the TSU Garden Cafe
- Donate to the Titan Toy Drive!
Donations accepted through Dec. 12 @ the TSU & SRC
- All Night Study! Mainframe Computer Lounge Open 24 HRS!
Dec 9 @ 7am - Dec 20 @ 4pm
- All Night Study! TSU Open 24 HRS!
Dec 9 @ 7am - Dec 20 @ 5pm
- ASI All Night Study Fall 2013