Learn to Swim(657) 278-7529
IPAP - Parent and Me
Ages 6 months - 3 years10 students per class plus parent
- Bubble blowing
- Back float with support
- Game playing
- Kicking with support
Polliwogs - Level I - Water Exploration
Ages 3-45 students per class
- Fully submerged face
- Water games emphasized
- Support float and kick on front & back
- Enter & exit water with help or independently
Tadpoles - Level II - Movement Preparation
Ages 5 and up6 students per class
- Fully submerged face
- Rhythmic breathing
- Introduce side breathing
- Unsupported kick on front & back
- Rotary arm motion with kick on front & back
Bullfrogs - Level III - Stroke Readiness
Ages 6 and up or completion of level II8 students per class
- Front crawl with breathing to the side
- Coordinate back crawl
- Glide on front & back, with push off
- Retrieve objects, with no support
- Elementary backstroke
Must be able to swim at Level 5 abilityLearn:
- Basic Rescue Skills
- Lifeguard Preparation
- Intro to CPR
Sharks - Level IV - Stroke Development
Ages 6 and up or completion of level III10 students per class
- Deep water bobbing
- Elementary backstroke [1 length]
- Front and back crawl [1 length]
- Dive from side of pool
- Breaststroke [1 length]
- Sidestroke [1 length]
- Introduction to turns at the wall
- Tread water
Dolphins - Level V - Stroke Refinement
Ages 6 and up or completion of level IV10 students per class
- Alternate breathing
- Front and back crawl [2 lengths]
- Back crawl [2 lengths]
- Swimming underwater [3 body lengths]
- Butterfly [1 length]
- Long shallow dive
- Stride jump entry
Orcas - Level VI - Stroke Enhancement
Ages 8 and up or completion of level V12 students per class
- Open turns
- Butterfly [50 yards]
- Racing dives
- Endurance swimming
- Survival swimming
- Breaststroke [50 yards]
- Deep diving
Learn to Swim
Parking for Learn to Swim will be located in Dumbo Downs lot adjacent to the Student Recreation Center.
What to Bring
Bathing Suit & TowelSwim diapers or diapers with rubber/protective pants are required for all children who are not toilet trained.
SunscreenPlease apply sunscreen prior to sessions.
- With group lessons we reserve the right to move your child to an alternative class if we believe it is in the best interest of the students.
- Classes may be cancelled or combined if minimum enrollment is not met. No refunds or make ups for missed classes unless the department cancels the class.
Student Recreation Center
- Drop-In Fitness
- Facility Reservations
- Hours of Operation
- iBelong to the SRC
- iCare Fun Run
- Instructional Classes
- Intramural Sports
- Irvine Campus Fitness Center
- Learn to Swim
- Operating Policies
- Personal Training
- Refund Policy
- Rock Wall
- Special Events
- Support the Student Recreation Center
- Sustainable Design
- Titan Fitness Challenge
- Titan Student Centers Gov. Board
- Titan Youth Summer Programs
Part Of The
Titan Student Centers
- Check out the ASI Fall Calendar of Events!
- Wondering what is going on at the CSUF Irvine Campus?
Click here^ to find out!
- Looking for a Job? Work for ASI!
Check out all of the great opportunities to earn money while working conveniently on campus.
- All Night Study Giveaway!
Dec 9: 10pm @ the TSU Garden Cafe
- Donate to the Titan Toy Drive!
Donations accepted through Dec. 12 @ the TSU & SRC
- All Night Study! Mainframe Computer Lounge Open 24 HRS!
Dec 9 @ 7am - Dec 20 @ 4pm
- All Night Study! TSU Open 24 HRS!
Dec 9 @ 7am - Dec 20 @ 5pm
- ASI All Night Study Fall 2013